Welcome to our new blog addition! Once a week we will be posting a dessert we find irresistible! Feel free to e-mail us your favorite desserts and check the blog to see if we also thought it was the icing to our cake! We want to start off our baker’s blog with Beverly’s very own cake recipe.
- 1 cup of butter
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour one 9×13 inch pan.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until smooth and fully. Mix in the vanilla extract.
- Separate the eggs and set the egg whites aside. Add the egg yolks one at a time to the creamed mixture. Continue adding the flour and milk alternately, while continually beating the mixture. Beat the cake batter until a few air bubbles show.
- Beat the 4 egg whites with a dash of salt until stiff. Gently fold egg whites into the batter. Pour batter into pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees until cake is done, approximately 25 to 35 minutes.